Photographer captures the moment a rodent got disco fever and stood up on two legs to boogie

It's clear that this party-loving beaver thinks he looks good on the dance floor - busting moves to the delight of a nearby wildlife photographer.

The animated animal was seen repeatedly practicing his disco moves after finding some tasty treats to eat near his home beside the Danube River near Hainburg in Germany.

The hilarious moment may have gone unnoticed if it wasn't for the fact that keen photographer Leopold Kanzler, 56, just happened to be passing by with his family.

Mr Kanzler, from Vienna, said: 'I'd been following him with my camera for a few minutes and, after having a nibble on some nearby branches, he seemed to do a little dance.



Shake it to the left: Photographer Leopold Kanzler captured a rapturous Eurasian beaver throwing some shapes near its home beside the Danube River near Hainburg in Germany

'I didn't notice it at first but he kept going and, once he got up on his hind legs with a big grin on his face, it definitely looked like a dance.'

Whether or not Mr Kanzler has discovered that beavers have a hidden talent for dancing remains unclear.

He said he had never seen beavers jigging before, and was lucky to capture it this time as well.


Getting down on the Danube: The repetitive dance moves were not noticed by Mr Kanzler at first, but the hairy hoofer persisted - with a big smile on his face - until he got his photo taken

He said: 'Fortunately I had my camera with me and was able to capture it all. I've been photographing wildlife for a long time but haven't seen something that funny for a very long time.

'Once I got home and had a look back at the images I was glad it came out so well. If I capture something that funny again I'll be very happy.'

Eurasian beavers are one of the largest living species of rodent in the world - growing to more than 5ft from head to tail and weighing around 40lb.

The largest beaver ever confirmed on record weighed a whopping 70lb, but this fellow is keeping trim with the occasional rhythmic workout..

Source : dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts