Stunning close-ups of see-through water insects

 These stunning images may look like extras from a sci-fi movie - but they are actually close up images of water fleas and other tiny creatures.

Photographer and marine biologist Daniel Stoupin takes incredibly close-up photographs of the miniscule marine creatures - so they become almost completely transparent.

His photos show everything from sea plants to water fleas and mosquitoes, all of which are photographed so closely that they are barely recognisable.

Australian Daniel said: 'I take pictures through the microscope, as my objects are very small, so conventional photography optics is not enough for my needs.

 'Microscopic animals have very thin parts of the body, including covers, and thin materials, no matter what they are composed of, are transparent, because they can't absorb all the light.

'I have always loved animals, especially invertebrates, especially smaller ones.

'I seldom saw any good pictures of microscopic, or just small animals, and decided to try something new.

'That turned into my hobby of taking pictures and videos through the microscope. Being in scientific environment kind of helped me to get into this path and develop interests and skills.

'I am now studying for a PhD in marine biology.'




















Source : dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts