Man gets stuck halfway into sewer trying to retrieve his cell phone

A man who was found stuck head-first inside a storm drain in a residential street early Thursday morning claims that he wasn't drunk and was the victim of a gang attack.

Jared Medeiros, 21, of Ceres, California, says he was attacked and robbed by gang members who threw his cell phone into the drain.

He said he got stuck in the drain when he tried to retrieve the phone so he could call 911.

He was stuck for 40 minutes before residents noticed his legs flailing wildly and he was rescued by firefighters.

Mr Medeiros said he was walking from his house to a friend's up the street when four young men walked toward him.

He said: 'I walked passed them and then one of them hit me from behind.

'I started fighting with one of them and then all of them were hitting and kicking me on the ground.

'My head was split open and I was bleeding.

'I felt blood from my head and I started shaking, so I went for my cell.'

But Mr Medeiros never reached his phone and ended up getting stuck at the waist in the water-filled hole, news10.net reports.

Brianna Mooney, 16, who lives in the house closest to the drain, said she called her boyfriend when she heard the screaming.

He in turn called his aunt Christina Nieves, who lives a few houses down from Miss Mooney.

'When I got to the window I could hear him screaming. He was really screaming loud,' said Mrs Nieves, who called police.

Ceres Police say fire fighters were able to pull Medeiros out of the hole and assessed his medical condition.

They thought Mr Medeiros was slightly intoxicated but not impaired.

Mr Medeiros admitted he had been drinking, but was not drunk and that he believed the injuries to his head impaired his ability to explain to officers what happened to him.

Ceres PD Sgt. Yandell said: 'A report was filed based on the information the victim gave officers at the scene the night of the incident.'

Source

Link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018113/Man-gets-stuck-cell-phone-dropped-storm-drain.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts